MarketplaceLocation ID: 1088
- No Favorites
This location is known as Mercato Delle Donne (Women’s Market) and it’s the oldest and the largest open space market in the central part of the city, right in the middle of the so called Old Jewish Quarter – which is a lively and colourful place with period townhouses and busy narrow streets packed with shops selling goods from all over the world. The marketplace itself has recently undergone massive renovation and extension, adding numerous stalls in the open-air part, as well as brick-and-mortar shops, cafes, street food joints and delis. The geography, architecture and atmosphere of this very interesting film location allow for it to play equally well for anywhere in western Europe, as it would for some parts of the modern middle East.